The CFF Executive have considered the Commonwealth Veterans Team Event and made the following decisions/ clarifications.
1. The Championship event is for ‘A’ teams only & will be called the 2014 Commonwealth Veteran E/F/S Team Championship. It is important to retain an official Championship event & to allow all nations to enter one team only.
2. The secondary team event will be called the 2014 Commonwealth Veteran E/F/S Team Challenge. It will be open to additional teams from nations who wish to enter more than one team in a weapon. It will also allow for mixed nation teams for small countries who may not have enough fencers to either enter a team in the Team Championship or the Challenge.
3. 2014 CVFC Medals will only be awarded for the Championship team events.
4. CVFC certificates bearing the CFF logo will be awarded to all place getters in the Team Challenge. Prizes may also be awarded.
5. The entry fee for the team Challenge will be reduced to 100 GBP with no additional levy for referees