Due to a decision of the insurers covering the CFC and CVFC that we must follow all currently applied FIE safety standards, the CFF Executive have taken the decision that we must insist that all masks are fitted with two independent fixings as per the recent FIE emergency ruling. You can see a copy here
Please ensure that any mask submitted to weapons control fulfils this standard.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused by making this announcement so close to the event itself, but will work with equipment manufacturers and team managers to ensure that disruption is kept to a minimum.
If you have any questions please contact us
The CFF Executive have considered the Commonwealth Veterans Team Event and made the following decisions/ clarifications.
1. The Championship event is for ‘A’ teams only & will be called the 2014 Commonwealth Veteran E/F/S Team Championship. It is important to retain an official Championship event & to allow all nations to enter one team only.
2. The secondary team event will be called the 2014 Commonwealth Veteran E/F/S Team Challenge. It will be open to additional teams from nations who wish to enter more than one team in a weapon. It will also allow for mixed nation teams for small countries who may not have enough fencers to either enter a team in the Team Championship or the Challenge.
3. 2014 CVFC Medals will only be awarded for the Championship team events.
4. CVFC certificates bearing the CFF logo will be awarded to all place getters in the Team Challenge. Prizes may also be awarded.
5. The entry fee for the team Challenge will be reduced to 100 GBP with no additional levy for referees
The excitement for the Championships is truly starting to build as tickets for this fantastic event are now officially on sale.
With over 350 athletes from 30 countries, competing we’re looking forward to seeing some of the world’s most talented fencers fighting for Commonwealth glory – all right here in Scotland.
Hosted at sportscotland Inverclyde National Centre, Largs, matches will be taking place from 9am throughout each day with the finals and medal matches starting around 5pm.
For spectators entry will be free all day and the medal matches will be ticketed at £10 per adult/ £5/ child or £50/ £25 for all six medal matches. Tickets are available:
· Online www.cfc2014.org
· Via phone or in person from the Harbour Arts Centre Office, 01294 274059
· In person from Largs Library
Even if you can’t make it along in person, you can still catch the action which will be live streamed on the official Commonwealth Fencing Championship website from early afternoon onwards.
North Ayrshire Council have announced that they will be supporting the Commonwealth Fencing Championships. We are delighted to have them on board as a partner for our event.
The Commonwealth Fencing Championships 2014 were launched today in Largs. The launch was held with the Provost of North Ayrshire Councillor Joan Sturgeon.